Good luck to the @UKbaseball team as they take on Tennessee Tech tonight! Go Cats! #UKbaseball #WeAreUK— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 22, 2014
Summer advising conferences begin June 23, have you registered yet? Deadline is May 1! http://t.co/y7THqdYhP7— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 22, 2014
Celebrate Earth Day by supporting local farmers & makers at the @UKSAB Farmer’s Marcat! 10-3pm at the Student Center Patio #SeeBlueLiveGreen— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 22, 2014
Happy Earth Day, everyone! Did you know that UK is very pro-green? In the Johnson Center, the stationary bikes are able to harness the energy input from students. This energy is used as the primary power source for the building. There’s your fact of the day. Seeing blue is seeing green. Happy Tuesday!
Did you know that UK has an account on almost every social media website? Not only that, but many programs and organizations have their own accounts! We are on facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube, flickr, pinterest, google+, foursquare, LinkedIn, iTunesU, and (obviously) tumblr. A few of the UK accounts I follow besides the general University of Kentucky are the College of Arts & Sciences, Honors Program, Central Hall (where I live), and UK Admissions. Follow us!
May 1st is the deadline to sign up for your summer advising conferences- don’t miss it! Here are a few tips for gearing for scheduling of your classes:
1. Look nice! During this conference, you will take the photo for your UK Wildcard and, unless you lose your Wildcard, that picture stays on it for the rest of your time at UK.
2. If you’re pre-professional (such as pre-medicine, pre-dentistry, pre-law, etc), look up the pre-requisites beforehand. At the conference, you’ll be placed with an advisor within your department and they may not know the necessary prerequisites for every professional school.
3. Be open to meeting new people! I can’t even count the number of people I know who met their roommate, best friend, or boyfriend/ girlfriend at one of these advising conferences. This is a great time to get to know UK’s campus and the rest of your freshman class!
I hope this helps! Just relax, pay attention, and SEE BLUE! :)
The grounds of Maxwell Place are stunning in the spring! Maxwell Place, built in 1871, is an Italianate brick vi… http://ift.tt/1lv0LKx— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 21, 2014
The grounds of Maxwell Place are stunning in the spring!
Maxwell Place, built in 1871, is an Italianate brick villa located in the heart of the University of Kentucky campus and has been home to 10 of UK’s 12 presidents. #seeblue #sharethelex #universityofkentucky #uk #kentucky #lexingtonkentucky #spring #flowers http://ift.tt/1jrXGZ2
New freshman need to apply for housing by May 1! Follow this link to get started! #seeblue http://t.co/6DF7Esc6IN— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 21, 2014
Don’t forget that the deadline to confirm your summer advising conferences is May 1! #seeblue http://t.co/5FOvdHWonf— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 21, 2014
. @DonWittUK says that “the West Coast is an ideal location” as UK continues to prosper and reach new areas. #seeblue http://t.co/6bYSFZmD6n— UK Admissions Office (@UKYAdmission) April 21, 2014
Hey everyone! Here are my tips for breaking the Monday morning blues.
1. Listen to some music while you get ready in the morning.
2. Make a list of what you want to accomplish throughout the week to keep you motivated and on track.
3. Start the day with a good breakfast.
Have a great week, everyone! We’re almost done.
Happy Easter! I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and a safe holiday with friends and family! We’re so close to the summer- only two and a half weeks for me! I hope everyone has a motivated week (as difficult as that is this time of year). Happy Sunday!
All 14 #SEC schools are out in California recruiting students! #seeblue in California! #UniversityofKentucky #bbn #kentuckywildcats http://ift.tt/1jseNLR
The #seeblue spirit is everywhere! One of our incoming students shared this photo from a #Nike window in San Francisco! Share your #UK photos with us using the hashtag #seeblue - #bbn #universityofkentucky #gocats #uk http://ift.tt/RyhFzn